Did you know… The US EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) states indoor air pollution is one of the top five environmental risks to public health. EPA statistics show levels of indoor pollutants 2-5 and up to 100 times more concentrated indoors than outdoors.
Did you know… Indoor air pollution is a risk to health because indoor air quality can cause health issues, make existing health issues worse, and in some extreme cases, like carbon monoxide, cause death.
Did you know… Indoor air pollution ultimately comes from substances like gases or mold, but there are multiple factors that impact the amount of pollution, such as ventilation, temperature, humidity, building design, etc. This makes understanding indoor air quality and solving indoor air problems more complicated.
Did you know… Because of how impactful indoor air quality can be, it is very important to take a proactive approach to impact the indoor air in a positive way. Similar to a healthy diet and exercise, improving the indoor air in your home or office can make a healthy impact on your health.
Did you know… There are many sources of indoor air pollution, some example can include:
· Fuel-burning combustion appliances
· Tobacco products
· Building materials and furnishings as diverse as:
· Deteriorated asbestos-containing insulation
· Newly installed flooring, upholstery or carpet
· Cabinetry or furniture made of certain pressed wood products
· Products for household cleaning and maintenance, personal care, or hobbies
· Central heating and cooling systems and humidification devices
· Excess moisture and mold
· Outdoor sources such as:
· Outdoor air pollution.
Did you know… EcoPure offers awareness, education, prevention, consulting, testing, and cleaning services all designed to improve indoor air. Let us know how we can be of service to you.